So…you are still on your pumpkin kick? Here is an easy recipe that will warm you up this chilly December.
3 cups of water
⅔ cups of ground oatmeal
1 ½ TBS of pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1. Place the water in a pot on medium heat.
2. Use a whisk to incorporate the oatmeal powder into the water. This will prevent clumping.
3. Stir to break up any clumps and continue to stir for 8-10 minutes
4. Add pumpkin puree and spice.
5. As soon as the oatmeal thickens and begins to coat the side of your pot, remove from heat and serve.
6. If you would like to sweeten your pumpkin oatmeal, a little agave nectar is a good choice. I like mine without sweetener.
If you would like a thinner more drinkable oatmeal, use a little less oatmeal.
Makes 3 servings.